What I most like to do as a psychodrama trainer is creating an environment where those persons wanting to grow into the best psychodramatists and sociometrists flourish. I take seriously that a trainer needs to be able to sustain the complexity of trainer/student relationships which has as part of the methodology projection of roles onto others, action exploration of "as if" scenarios, and open and authentic communication (encounter) at its heart. I believe strongly in both safety and risk, practice in a mistakes allowed atmosphere, scholarship and rigor as we research and grow as a professional discipline. I love the moments of laughter, deep sharing, enrichment I personally gain from experiencing both the here and now and preparation for the future.
I consider my achievements include the following:
* Being appointed the Director-in-Residence at the Moreno Institute, Beacon, NY from October, 1973 - January, 1975 by Zerka Moreno.
* Being the Founder of the Toronto Centre for Psychodrama and Sociometry in Toronto, Canada in 1975, which I founded as a collective (community) and not a family business.
* Founding the Blue Ridge Human Relations Training Institute, Roanoke, VA in 1981. It closed in 1995.
* Founding Playback Theater Northwest in Seattle, WA.
* Being elected President of the Federation of Trainers and Training Programs in Psychodrama in 1981.
* Writing and self-publishing CONDUCTING CLINICAL SOCIOMETRIC EXPLORATIONS: A MANUAL FOR PSYCHODRAMATISTS AND SOCIOMETRISTS in 1981 with a new workbook edition in 1985
* Developing the "Sociometric Cycle: a model for understanding role development and group position over time" in 1987. Publishing "Three Cyclical Models which Enhance Consciousness of Interpersonal Connection " in 2014.
* Surviving breast cancer for over 25 years (1982 to present) and again in 2010.
* Election as President of the American Society of Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama in 1993-1995.
* Primary care giver of aging parent for 6 years.
* SOCIOMETRIC PROCESSING OF ACTION EVENTS (WITH DONNA LITTLE) in 2002; 2004
* Awarded by ASGPP the Hannah B. Weiner Award, the David Kipper Award for Writing and Scholarship, and the J.L. Moreno Lifetime Achievement Award (2002)
* Created the International Sociometry Training Network in 2005 with website www.sociometry.net
* Lifelong friend of Dorothy Satten.
* Making available for purchase all books and 4 articles on USB flash drives.
And, with great pride in the following persons for whom I have been, or am now, their primary trainer:
Alton Barbour, Jonathan Fox, Donna Little, Gloria Heineman, Liz White, Elisabeth Pfafflin, Ulrike Roder, Helmut Jung, Matthias Lauterbach, Kathryn A. St.Clair, Joseph Duehl, Andrew Sisson, Stephen Josephs, Martica Bacallao, PhD., TEP and for Marlo Archer certified as a TEP in 2016. In 2018, Patrick Barone, JD, PAT.